About UsWhat We DoWhyHelp UsContactHomeSite Map
Successes and Benefits of TFABBs “Literacy Coach” Program (training local teachers as trainers for their peers)
From the local Literacy Coaches Point of View a few illustrative quotes:
- Making an impact on teachers and children:
- "I see TFABB when I go into classrooms (word walls, student writing notebooks, lesson plans) I feel like I have a part in that."
- "I enjoy hearing positive feedback from teachers about their classroom successes and their students successes."
- Working side-by-side with the North American partners:
- "The TFABB workshop has really changed. The Belizean coaches are also decision makers and leaders during the workshop."
- "I enjoyed working with the North American partners."
- Being seen as an expert/mentor/leader:
- "I enjoyed the opportunity to share knowledge and skills with other teachers."
- "I have had several teachers approach me for extra, informal meetings to go over the tools and approaches."
- Improving principal supervision: "Being a coach has been very good for my job as a principal. With TFABBs checklist tool, it is clear what elements I should look for in my teachers lesson plans and instruction."
- Getting to know other teachers in the district
From the Ministry of Educations Point of View:
- Filling a gap: "The TFABB in-service program has been very helpful because the Ministry is not able to afford all of the trainings that TFABB provides."
From the Teachers Point of View:
- Participants in the workshop and in-service sessions led by the coaches felt that they received solid and useful information.
- Teachers feel it is important to have Belizean presenters, who can relate to and understand what teachers are going through and what is expected of them.